What is PowerSchool?
PowerSchool is the fastest-growing, most widely used web-based student information system, supporting nearly 10 million students in all 50 states and more than 60 countries. PowerSchool enables today's educators to make timely decisions that impact student performance while creating a collaborative environment for parents, teachers and students to work together in preparing 21st century learners for the future.
More specifically, as a system PowerSchool consists of 3 main components; PowerSchool Administrator, PowerTeacher Portal, and PowerTeacher Gradebook.
This system is used by secretaries, counselors, registrars, principals, technical staff, etc. and is the primary interface to student and staff data. Reporting is also managed from this interface. This is the replacement for our current system, Starbase.
PowerTeacher Portal is the first screen a teacher sees when he or she logs in. Specific information relevant to individual teachers such as class schedules, rosters, and attendance is available here. Click here to view a video overview of PowerTeacher
Think of PowerTeacher Gradebook as a replacement for your physical gradebook. Assignments, grades, etc. are stored here. You can also store notes and information relevant to students or classes here. This is the replacement for our current system, Gradequick.
Where Can I Get Help or Training?
- Powersource, Peason's online help system. Anyone with a valid DPS email address can register by clicking here.
- For teachers, your ITRT team
- At the elementary and middle level, your ITRT will be offering workshops in the use of PowerTeacher and PowerTeacher Gradebook during planning periods for the first few weeks of school. Here you will learn the basics you need to get started. You will also receive your login and password during these sessions.
- At the secondary level, the ITRT team will be providing training sessions at your school during the teacher workdays preceding the start of school. GW/Langston will be trained on August 11. Galileo will be trained on August 12.
- Throughout the 2011-2012 school year, there will several additional opportunities to receive additional training in the use of PowerSchool.
- For office staff, your PSS (Program Support Specialist) team
- Principals, school secretaries, registrars, and secondary counselors have already been contacted and scheduled for training during the summer.
- After this training, your PSS team will be your main point of contact for help
- Specific training/resource materials specific to your job function are available below: