Adult & Career Education Center
Where Education for Work, Career, and the Future
Coordinator: Jackie Rochford
141 Goode Street
Danville VA 24541
Big Changes are Coming to the GED® Certificate
Need a GED® Certificate so you can get a Job?
- Call 799-6471 and let us help you get started!
Ready to test?
- Call and ask about taking the Official GED® Test for $45.00
- Call about taking the Official Practice Test and if you score high enough, we’ll
let you test for FREE!
Think you need to study?
- Call and ask about the FREE study classes. Classes
offered morning, afternoon and evening. Choose from small group classes or self-paced instruction. Classes include GED® Preparation and special GED® classes in Writing and Math.
Can’t attend classes?
- Call and ask about GED® on TV or eLearn- GED® classes on computer
- Interested persons should come by the Adult & Career Education Center at 141 Goode Street (behind Langston, across from Lefty Wilson ball field) or call 434-799-6471.
- Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- For additional information, contact the Adult and Career Education Center at
- Pre-GED® classes in reading, writing, and math skills
- Career search skills including completing applications, resume writing, interview skills, etc.
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) and Citizenship instruction
- Brush-up for college entrance exams
- Career and educational counseling
- 9:00 am to 8:30 pm Monday through Thursday
- Phone: 434.799.6471
- Fax: 434.797.8869
*Anyone wanting to teach GED®, Adult High School, ESL classes, or be a volunteer Tutor, please contact the Adult & Career Education Center.
***GED®® and the GED® Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education® and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the American Council on Education.***