George Washington High School
Ms. Roberson, Librarian (right)
Ms. Walters, Librarian (left)
George Washington High School Library
Hours of Operation: M-Th=7:45-3:45pm; Fri=7:45-3:30pm
Motto: "We're more than books."
Rules and Regulations:
- No food or drink allowed
- You must sign-in.
- Leave the library as you found it (chairs pushed in, dispose of trash, tables clear)
- Students can visit the library during class or lunch with a pass from the teacher. Students can also get a library lunch pass for the school year.
- Students must be signed onto their own login accounts to use the computers. A student's AUP must be signed and on file to use computers.
Materials Check Out:
- Danville Public Schools uses Destiny for its online circulation system. There are 3 library catalogue computers & 14 research computers.
- Students may have up to 6 books checked out at at time but may only check out a maximum of 3 books at once. Freshman may have up to 3 books out at a time.
- Students may check out older issues of magazines overnight.
- Books are checked out for a period of 2 weeks and can be renvewed, unless they have a hold on them or are overdue.
- There is a .05 fine per day per book/per day for overdue items.
Library Internet Resourses:
Destiny (online catalogue) http://follett.dps.k12.va.us
Gale Research Databases http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/va_s_108_0210
Bloom's Literature http://fofweb.com/Lit/default.asp
EBSCO Databases http://search.ebscohost.com
For login information, please see a librarian.