GLH Johnson Elementary School
During the school year the students at G.L.H. Johnson study the Seven Pillars of Character. Each morning our students start their day with a student announcement of the Character Trait of the month and its definition. These Character Traits are closely examined during our lessons by the student exploration or situations and their actively engaging in role plays. Character Education is further promoted through an Awards Program that presents students displaying the Character Trait of the month in their classroom with a positive incentive. The Seven Pillars of Character are as follows:
- Responsibility - being dependable and making good choices.
- Respect - treating others the way you would want to be treated.
- Caring - to show concern for others by being kind and thoughtful toward them.
- Citizenship - obeying the rules and working to make your community a better place.
- Fairness - taking turns, sharing, and listening to what others have to say.
- Trustworthiness - other people can count on you to do the right thing.
- Honesty - being truthful and sincere.